Friday, November 15, 2013

Tune requests, please!

There are plenty more posts to come on Ellingtonia and the works of other major jazz arrangers, but I am glad to take requests.  Post your comments in reponse to this post or send me an email and I will see what I can dig up as far as old recordings, commentary, etc.

Next up: Probably more Ellingtonia.  I think maybe Chinoiserie from Duke's Afro-Eurasian Eclipse (proving that the same man who started his career with stride piano and Cotton Club "Jungle Music" could rock as hard as anyone from the UK to the USA!).  Or perhaps Flirtibird from Duke's soundtrack to the Otto Preminger courtroom masterpiece Anatomy Of A Murder.

Always glad to provide personalized jazz listening lists, and/or to prepare curriculum sets for school jazz programs.  Email me to discuss further.

No comments:

Post a Comment